Hi, I’m Marianne! Welcome to my Socially Maz blog!
NEW BLOG; Find out how Socially Maz is and the services she provides to help grow your business.
I decided it would be fun to set-up a blog where I can share key social media updates, tips and tricks to help you, some behind the scenes stuff, customer reviews and whatever else comes to mind.
First, let me share a little about myself. My name is Marianne, and I’m married to the love of my life, George. We met via a blind date in our late 40s. We live in Northampton, UK (about an hour north of London) and have a black labrador called Murphy and 3 cats: Georgie, Pumpkin and Nutmeg.
My business is called Socially Maz, Socially because it’s all about social media and Maz because that is my nickname and quite frankly it is easier to spell than Marianne. It came about when I played rugby, yes you read that right I am a former women’s rugby player. When I was a child I used to count the different spellings of my name in birthday cards so it was an easy decision to call my business Socially Maz.
I started the business because I wanted to do something completely different after many years in Financial Services. I am passionate about the customer and the customer experience and social media was the perfect fit as I am able to build communities. I also wanted to be my own boss, decide when I work and who I work with.
I trained with TechPixies who is an award-winning social media training company. They are somewhat different as they specialist in upskilling women in social media in order to return to work, change careers or start a business.
I help small businesses navigate social media and make sure that they can maximise the opportunities that social media offers.
As Socially Maz I offer my clients the following services:
- Audits of your existing social media presence – to help you identify what is working well and recommendations for improvement
- Strategy Development – the end goal is to build a brand and reach potential customers. I hope you define your social media objectives, goals and measures, your USP, ideal customer, content and brand voice.
- Management of your social media – I take care of the day to day management of your social media (this can include everything from creating the content – copy and images, scheduling content and engaging with your audience) – some clients do provide images, whilst I create them for others – it really is up to you.
- Training on best practice – either on a 121 basis or in a group – this is for those of you just starting out with social media or for those of you who need some extra support.
- Facebook and Instagram Ads – where you want to sell your product or service via Facebook and/or Instagram I research your existing audience and competition and then design and test campaigns before rolling out. This requires a healthy budget to be able to effectively test and learn.
My overall aim is to help you feel confident with what you are doing on social media, and why you are doing it, so you have a plan rather than being reactive.
It is so easy to go down a rabbit hole and forget what your purpose was.
- I can give you the confidence to manage your social media with aplomb.
- I can break it down into bite-sized chunks so it doesn’t feel overwhelming.
- I can create the content for you so you can focus on engaging with your audience.
- I can give you the tools to use to create a well-curated grid so when your ideal customers come looking they like what they see.
- I can do it for you, so you can focus on running your business.
- I can give you support when you’ve got specific questions.
- I can be your social media go-to person.
I have a number of years of experience in Project Management, Account Management, Customer Services and Customer Experience – working both as an outsourcer and also on the client side. Working with many blue-chip brands including Barclaycard, Orange, Virgin, Ford, Volvo, Tescos.
- A Certification in Social Media Magic
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Direct Marketing
- A post-graduate diploma in Marketing Management
- A BA (Hons) in History of Design and the Visual Arts
- I am currently completing a certification in Facebook Ads
Thanks for reading and finding out a bit more about me and what I do. Look out for my oyhrt blogs sharing hints and tips and how-tos and anything else that springs to mind.
by Marianne Avery
Marianne is a social media consultant who works with small businesses to help them navigate the world of social media. To find out more about how Marianne can help you click here.